Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Which hospital should we choose?

One of the big issues of giving birth overseas is the question of where to do it, who to see, how much to pay etc etc... Back home in Singapore, the decision was relatively easy. Ask around and you will most likely get a good recommendation on a few obstetricians at Thomson Medical, Mount Alvernia or one of the Parkway Hospitals depending on how much you want to pay. Although I have been working with hospital partners in Bangkok for close to 4 years, I am no closer to an answer today... We decided to take a tour of the famous Samitivej Hospital, well known for their mother and baby friendly practices. In fact, they are the only WHO and Unicef accredited Baby-Friendly hospital in Thailand.

We hear that Samitivej Hospital is also famous for water births. Now that's something I have to see for myself!

No comments:

How old am I today?

pregnancy due date